Sunday, January 2, 2011

The One With The New Year

Happy New Year!

My family has a relatively new tradition on New Year's Day, that is quickly becoming one of my favorites. We go hunting that morning, meet up with the kids and ladies who didn't come hunting for all you can eat soup, then we go sledding. Ricky and I haven't participated in the sledding yet (I was pregnant last year, then it was so cold this year, we were worried Paige would hate it, and she hadn't had a nap yet for the day), but we plan to go next year with Paige. It's such a fun thing to do, and a good reason to get together and have a little fun.

Here's the line up...


And here Ricky and I are...

I can't stop thinking about how much fun we had. Maybe it's because my arm is still sore, but it's still fun to remember the story why my arm is sore...

My brother-n-law wanted me to shoot his gun (I thought it was slightly weird that he WANTED me to, but I thought what the heck...) he assured me that the kick was minimal, especially today with the cold weather. Well, come to find out, he was playing a joke on me. The gun is a kicker, and on top of that, he put in High Velocity bullets.... hahaha. We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Do you have any fun New Year's traditions?

*****

I'm not one who loves to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I noticed something about myself that I want to change. I have been more judgmental than I would like to admit... I have hated that about myself lately, so I decided to make it my resolution, to be less judgmental.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

These are the projects that I would like to work on for the coming year:
  • Traditions Christmas Tree Skirt (I should make this first, so I can still get her hand print for 2010...)
  • Quiet Book for Paige
  • Throw Paige a cute first birthday party (any ideas for themes?)
  • Organize my recipes... how do you organize yours?
  • Make something like this to hang in my front room
  • Make an album of Paige's first year
  • Start a new "mommy" blog
  • Experiment more with Photoshop
  • Write in Paige's journal more often
  • Make a magnetic alphabet puzzle
  • Make a magnetic nativity that goes on my fridge
  • Take some pictures similar to this (you know... to hang in my photography studio one day)
  • Make my blog into a photo album/journal for each year
  • Find and use new recipes that use my food storage
That's a lot of projects to do in one year with a baby, but I think I can do it!

No comments: